Glue and Appliqué Mat
To use as a glue or craft mat:
Oh my god I don’t what I did before I started using these! Hot glue, tacky glue, E600, glue sticks, it doesn’t matter! It all comes right off! Hot glue peals off once cooled and all the others do too or wash in warm water and wipe dry. It Saves the classroom table tops a million times over! The small ones are the perfect work size with our pick boards You can order just the mat or add the pickboard and wire cutters.
To use as an appliqué mat:
I lay my mat on my felt pressing mat, then my lay my wool or Pre-Cut wool piece all face down on the mat and then l lay my fusable paper, with the fuzzy side down and press with a hot iron. Just press do not iron back and forth. Lift and press a new spot. You will see the wool darken and show up more through the paper. Once cool gently peal the wool off and with your finger push any webbing to the back of your cut pieces. Now place on your wool backing, face up and press again to adhere. Now Stitch in place! No pins to stick your self with! In the pictures I had to use two small ones as we were out of the large ones.
The second way is to use it as an assembly mat for groups of cut out pieces. Once you have fused your wool or cotton peal off the paper backing. Lay the fused side down and gently press with the iron. This will lightly fuse it to the pressing mat. Now working in layers build your design until it is assembled and fused. Allow to cool and remove from the mat and set aside. If your working on a large design build your next section. Once all the sections are complete lay them out on your base or foundation and fuse them by pressing again with the iron. Allow to cool and then stitch away!
This measures 15.5x12, the perfect size with our New 15.5x18 felt pads!
- This Appliqué Fusing Mat is made of silicone and glass fiber material that is heat resistant for up to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C.). This makes the perfect surface for all of your fusing, ironing, and gluing needs.
- For Fusible Applique, simply place the applique design under the Appliqué Fusing mat.
- The cut applique shapes can be placed perfectly since this mat is transparent.
- Because this mat is heat resistant, hence multiple layers can be placed simultaneously while pressing it with a hot iron.
- The layered appliques can then be picked up as one piece and placed on the background fabric. The mat is slightly tacky so the pieces won’t migrate when positioned.
- Since it can withstand temperatures for up to 500 degrees F. (260 degrees C.), they are the perfect working surface whenever using a glue gun. Any globs of hot melted glue will peel off easily and protect the table underneath. Liquid glues peal off when dry or is water soluble wash off
- It is very easy to clean. Just wash the mat with soap and water or place it in the dishwasher and you're good to go!